Breaking news on every station, blog and cartoon is Jessica's Simpson's weight gain. And at first I did not want to chat about this topic since I think its appalling how society ridicules any starlet a pound over zero. But since I do have such a strong diagnosis (I mean opinion :) - here it goes. Jessica Simpson may not currently be "Daisy Duke" slim but she is not about to be pushing daisies either. Many times the media overgeneralizes what a weight problem really means and with 3.8 million people clocking in at over 300 pounds - there are real concerns, true issues, that the press should focus on. I am an advocate of fitness yet at the same time I think that such scrutiny can damage opinions on what is thin versus normal and the more those lines blur the harder it becomes for young women to keep up their confidence. THANKFULLY! Jessica seems to be telling people that she is happy with her curves. Her friend told OK magazine that Jessica's “ done depriving herself and missing out on life just to fit into a size 2 jeans,” AND her sister, Ashlee, blogged "How can we expect teenage girls to love and respect themselves in an environment where we criticize a size 2 figure?" I agree.Lets all tip our baseball caps to those who are handling life's curve balls. And try not to sling any more.
For more info visit:
Ashlee's Myspace Blog
OK Magazine
No comments:
Post a Comment